Wednesday, April 4, 2018

My Teaching Philosophy

 
 

‘All kids’ need is a little help, a little hope, and somebody who believes in them,’ said Magic Johnson. All children are intelligent and have the ability to learn if they have the sources that know the appropriate ways of teaching to bring out this intelligence and creativity. For the students’ abilities to be discovered and found, I should provide support and motivation. I will understand the students and how they think. 
Referring to Gardener’s theory of intelligence, every child is intelligent. But they all differ in the field that they are successful or intelligent in. My work is to use the appropriate teaching designs that show the students’ tendency toward certain topics or subjects. Then I will depend my teaching on the topics that attract the students and make them more engaged in the material. Through the students’ interaction in class I will know the field that the students are intelligent in so I will design exercises that suit their preferences to make them develop a positive attitude toward the target language.
The overall goal is to create a classroom environment that is cooperative and motivating. I believe that motivation is the key that makes children with different abilities attentive to the classroom work. Affections have a big role in attracting the students toward learning. I am sure that my love to my major and to English especially will be reflected in my students’ work. This love will make my children in love with English and with me also.
My desire is to make my classroom fully engaged in the material. Meaningful learning aids in achieving this desire. My activities will activate the students’ prior knowledge so that they will relate it to the current material. In this way, the students will be physically and mentally involved. In addition to that, my lesson topics will depend on authentic ones related to newly invented materials, new cartoon characters, and new successful people and celebrities.
My role as a teacher is to be a good model. I will be aware of my verbal and non-verbal language so that they will give my students positive idea toward the material. I will try my best to involve modeling, guided practice and independent practice in the classroom. I will try to be not biased and fair with all the students because this will make both of us relaxed and committed to school work. 
 I will be always ready to listen same as to teach my students. Children are the buds of our life. They are easily affected by various life’s aspects and problems. I will be a counselor who builds trust with his students and who exerts effort to help them overcome the bad moments they are living physically and psychologically. 
I believe that students can add to teaching same as teaching gives to them. The students’ interaction to the method used in class is a sign that helps me make changes in the method applied. I will adjust the method in the way that best suits my class. Also, I will consider my students’ emotions and replies as an evaluation for my teaching and an encouragement to complete my work.



2 comments:

  1. According to your philosophy, it seems like you're going to make a difference in students' lives!

    ReplyDelete